WordPress 2.7 Beta 3
WordPress 2.7 Beta 3 has been released for your testing pleasure. Here are some of the changes since Beta 2 (over 160 changes in total):
- Numerous style improvements and refinements.
- All admin notices now go under the page title.
- PHP Notice fixes.
- Dashboard widget options now properly save.
- Menu fixes.
- New design for Quick Edit.
- Canonical feed URL fixes.
- Walker fixes.
- An update for Hello Dolly.
- Plugin installer updates.
- Numerous font updates.
- Updated login logo.
- Switch position of “Save Draft” and “Preview” buttons in publish module.
- File upload support for MS Office 2007+ file formats.
- Media upload buttons won’t show if the user doesn’t have the upload capability.
- Canonical redirects only do yes-www or no-www redirection for domains.
- Shift-click checkbox range selection improvement.
- Add New User page now separate.
- Tag suggest only suggests tags (not other taxonomy terms).
- QuickPress shows “Submit for Review” if user cannot publish.
- Private posts/pages, and password-protected posts/pages are rolled into new “Visibility” section of publish module.
If you have already installed Beta 1 or Beta 2, you can update to Beta 3 via the Tools -> Update menu. If you have problems, or if this is your first time in the 2.7 beta ring, you can download and upgrade the old fashioned way.