The Best Thing to Come Out of the Prequels
Don’t confuse this series with the 3D CGI animated series that came out later in 2008. This is the series that came out in 2003 and was produced by Samurai Jack’s Genndy Tartakovsky.
It’s no exaggeration that this animated series was the best thing to come out of the Star Wars prequels. Why?
- You get to see General Grievous kick ass, and understand why he is feared by all of the Jedi. In the movies he is just some random villain thrown in and you don’t know why he’s supposed to be so amazing.
- The camaraderie between Obi-Wan and Anakin is finally shown as they fight together in the Clone Wars, and you get a clear view of their friendship.
- The tone is more adult and serious than the movies. The animated series finishes right before the beginning of Episode 3. I went ahead and watched the first fifteen minutes of Revenge of the Sith and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
- Anakin’s struggle with the Dark Side is fleshed out and much more believable.
- Action. Non-stop action. And the action involves seeing Jedi being badasses instead of the wusses they were portrayed as in the films.
- Mace Windu. Watch that. If that doesn’t make you want to watch the whole series then you’re dead to me.